Thursday 26 March 2009

Grand Designs (4) - clear base MK2

I wanted to eliminate as much as possible the plastic 'edge' effect, where the cut plastic leaves a white edge to the base. After a hunt around in my bits draw I found some clear plastic from some packaging that I saved.

As you can see in the picture below, the new thinner base is much better (a piece of the previous plastic I was using is shown for comparison).

I now have a basing material I am happy with. I will only be using the clear bases on my 'personality figures' which will be in and around the palace (some 20figs+), the rest will use green bases.

It may be some time before the palace or some of its rooms appear.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Yes, he looks much better . . . the change was a good idea.


-- Jeff

abdul666 said...

Such clear bases may also come handy for the minis intended for your future naval/amphibious operations, so that they don't carry with them the desk planking when disembarking (or the jungle vegetation when embarking)?

It is said that great minds think alike.

Fitz-Badger said...

Yes, much better! Looking forward to seeing the future vigenttes :-)