Spent the last day or so cleaning and sorting out the castings and getting things tidied away; last done was a unit of cuirassier from the Creartec mould - I had to use swords from PA moulds as the one in the Creartec mould is very tricky to cast properly.
I've been mulling over the uniforms for my re-organised Saxe-Jarlsberg army, finally decided to base them on Brunswick as it has a nice variety of units including the Volontaires Auxiliaires.
I've started on my 40mm collection re-vamp, firstly I converted some artillery crew from tricorne wearers to a sort of furry grenadier hat - these will end up as Freikorps artillery.
Next I made up a list of all the units existing and planned, then did a list of all the items I had to cast, then embarked on a couple of long sessions of casting (just had enough metal for what I wanted to do); the gaming table got used as my workshop ....
One result of all my casting, a new grenadier battalion using the new Prince August prussian moulds.
I found the new PA moulds for the prussian infantry easy to use, giving good results - occasionally a little trouble getting the separate heads to cast.
A blog documenting the encounters between the armies of the imaginary nations of the Kingdom of Wittenberg and its neighbours (including the Kingdom of Monrovia and their allies). My inspiration being drawn from 'Charge or How to Play Wargames' by Young & Lawford and 'The Wargame' by Charles Grant.
I have a number of other period interests for wargaming (from ancients to WW2), these have their own blogs, see below.