Sunday 26 February 2023

Adding shelves to display cases ...

 I have two display cabinets like this one..

I will have some more 28mm 18C stuff to go on display, so I worked out how to add an extra shelf; some careful measuring to mark out where the new holes for the shelf supports had to go...
holes drilled carefully (for me 😀 ) and a piece of pine strip wood of the right width cut to size (with a straight edge as well !); hooray an extra shelf ...
I did the same job on the second cabinet. Already being populated ...
Right lads lets make this our shelf !

Fresh from my success on the two cabinets, I had took out the shelves from my third cabinet and shuffled up all the shelf supports - to get extra room for another shelf
piece of timber cut (oops a wiggly edge this time 😩  ).... shelf fitted
colour mismatch though, I may have a suitable colour woodstain in the garage. I can live with the mismatch though.

Hurrah  ! three new shelves to fill up with 18C 28mm figures, I may get some of the Wittenberg border forces out of a box; I have some Blue Moon highwaymen  and desperadoes on the paint desk, so now they'll have a home when they are finished.

No comments: