General Waldebeck and Count Boritzy arrive to check on the progress of the building of the pontoon bridge ...
A tree on the far side of the river is in the way of the line of march, so the engineers prepare to cut it down ...
The pontoon bridge is completed, the barge is about to be moved back to the other side of the river ....
The Boritzy freikorps chasseurs cross the bridge watched by General Waldebeck and Count Boritzy ...
The following section has been updated to add extra detail on source of figures with codes where available - 26/4/12
1. Pontoon wagon, pontoons, ramps and bridge deck are from Reiver Castings; they are for 28mm but are a good size and don't look out of place with the 40mm figures.
2. Horses pulling the pontoon wagon are cast from the 'Driver on Horse' Nürnberger Meisterzinn mould (1006)
3. Barge - is scratch built from cardboard, painted brown and given a black wash for weathering; the bollards on the barge are board pins.
4. River is acryclic sheet, cut into sections and sprayed with appropriate paint on one side.
5. The pack pony shown is made up from a toy plastic horse (provenance unknown) and oddments with its attendant cast from the Creartec artillery crew mold (40 821)6. The two wheel cart is from a toy set (no longer available), with an attendant converted from a spare ECW figure.
7. Engineer Officer on foot, carrying hat in hand - Front Rank AWI Hessian officer (40A133)
8. Engineers - the bulk of these are made up from castings made from the Creartec artillery crew mold (40 821) with Front rank AWI Hessian fusilier heads. In addition to thes there are a two converted Irregular Miniatures figures - Engineer with open hands (LWSY47) and Prussian Infantry Advancing (LWSY5).
9. Mounted officers
- General in white coat and yellow sash is a from Drabant (DM1030)
- Aide in white coat and red facings is cast from Creartec Fieldmarshall von Keith mould (40 802)
- In hussar uniform - Irregular Minautures hussar (LWSY28) on a horse cast from Creartec Hussar mold. (40 807)
10. Boritzy chasseurs (crossing the bridge) are Irregular Minautures freicorps (LWSY29, LWSY30, LWSY31), with mounted officer made up from Irregular Minautures hussar (LWSY28) on a horse cast from Creartec Fieldmarshall von Keith mold.