I worked out the required height of the decks and cut them from cardboard and trial fitted them. Then I made up the masts; these were made from some cheap plastic paintbrushes with 'spars' ready for sails made from various spare bits from some viking longship plastic boat kits. The masts were then fitted to the decks and the decks to the hulls, and also added rudders. Here they are:
Next job is to paint them, then add some swivel guns. I've also got 4 boat 'captains' to paint to represent civilian crew. The river marines are now on my painting desk ready for undercoating.
I also need to make some wider river sections for my gaming table, with also some way of having maybe a small lakelet as well - some interesting scenery projects for me !