The King had been working all morning to get through a backlog of paperwork; he had a light lunch and then continued on, he had nearly finished ( a clerk had already taken away the bulk of it), a few things remained.... he looked at the view out of the window for a while before continuing...
- authorisation for a new sun-dial for the palace gardens - signed
- authorisation of new boats for the river marines - signed
- new uniform for the river marines, he looked at the watercolour supplied
- authorisation for special cold frames for growing pineapples - signed
- merchants request for an increase in trading tariffs on the River Oudear - rejected, added note - arrange meeting with representatives of merchants for discussions.
There was a knock on the door, the King put down his quill pen and tidied up his desk; then he sat back and said 'enter', it was Count Hermann and one of his assistants.
King Leopold: Tell the ambassador I will meet with him in one hour to receive his proposal.. ...
More Bearers and Native civilians for Africa
3 days ago