The outline sketch of the fountain and adjoining water ponds.
The central section completed
how I did the water effects:
- to do the side ponds the baseboard was painted an off shade of blue with a stippled wash of mid-grey with some thin clear plastic on top (stuck round the edges)
- for the central section
- the circular area is a light wash of blue paint stippled with a large brush and left to dry with a three generous coats of acrylic gloss varnish on top.
- the water from the spouts is made a bit of plastic plant stem painted blue and white plus with some gloss varnish
- the bits trickling into the ponds are a small piece of clear plastic with a wash of blue paint and some white paint to indicate movement
- water ripple effects - painted thin white in broken circles and then some gloss varnish on top