A proxy sea battle ....
Russian Mission: to attack the Swedish fleet at anchor in Stockholm. Russsian fleet comprises:
2 x 1st Rate (100); 4 x Heavy Thirds (70); 4 x Common Thirds (66) [10 ships]
The Swedish fleet at anchor:
2 x 1st Rate (100); 4 x Heavy Thirds (70); 4 x Common Thirds (66) [5 ships]
The Swedish fleet at anchor ...
The Russian ship is badly damaged and slips it's tow and drifts into shore and starts to sink, the only active Swedish ship bow rakes a Russian ship to little effect as it tries to get clear ...
The Russian fleet withdraws its mission successful ...
A great victory for the Russians
1. Damage to Both Sides:
- 3 Sunk: 1 First Rate, 1 Common 3rd, 1 Heavy 3rd
- 1 First Rate - Immobilised, rigging shot to pieces, 60% Crew Casualties; 50% Hull damage; 30% guns out of action
- 1 Heavy 3rd - minor damage
- Sunk: 1 First Rate
- 1 Common third - badly mauled, half speed (50% damage)
- 1 Heavy Third - rigging shot to pieces; 25% Crew Casualties; 30% Hull damage; 20% guns out of action - under tow
- 1 Heavy Third - minor damage
- 1 First Rate (Flag Ship) - minor damage
2. Rules used: Broadside & Cutlass
3. Ships : these are sourced from Matlock Miniatures and have been slightly modified by using ship sides from Junior General to provide more hull detail.