Friday, 5 May 2017

Working on a pottery building ...

I picked up a pottery building in a local Charity shop a couple of months ago. A bit large but suitable for 40mm, and to provide roof-age in a town for 28mm
I've been slowly working on it so that looks better suited to the gaming table as a scenic item. I used a hammer and screwdriver and 'carefully' knocked off the thick base. This leaves uneven edges and bits that break off, so you need to stick all the bits back on....
 Next to give make good the walls I used some cork tile in strips and then stuck it down onto a mdf base.
 After that it was necessary to fill in the holes and make good, using modelling clay. I kept the water wheel piece separate so it can be a mill or other building. The doors on the front were covered with card and the overlarge flour bags covered up.
another item to add to the painting queue :)

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing this developing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing this developing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allan, it looks like a fun project, and I think its going to work nicely.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete