Mimi: That'll make a lovely meal; let me see the letter - no silly you've misread it - you've been nominated for the Liebster pamphleteer award
Heinrich: Oh .... I was looking forward to eating the lobster.
Heinrich returned to his desk and added the award nomination to the end of the draft of his current pamphlet along with a list of nominees for his five favourite pamphlets.
- Journals of a Gigolo, Wilhelm Winkleman
- Famagusta Fraternitas (philosophical diversions), Andre Michel
- Oh My Hat (the latest on headwear fashions), Ernst Schnürsenkel-Hut
- Down with Powdered Wigs, Georg von Haarigerkopf
- Freedom for Pigs,Lady Veronica Swinehoe
Then he drafted letters to his nominees. He took the draft of the pamphlet to his printers and paid a runner to deliver the letters
Later that afteroon their was a heavy knock on the front door, Heinrich opened the door to find two rather large and intimidating palace guards. They had arrived to take him and his wife to the palace - he had been summoned to the presence of the King. The Kesssels were led to the coach which set off for the palace. On their arrival they were led into the main entrance hall, and then by a servant to the throne room. They waited nervously, the King finished talking to one of his advisors and then they were called forward - Heinrich bowed rather stiffly and Mimi curtsied awkwardly.
Heinrich: You Majesty I meant no disrespect - my pamplet is just news about goings on at the palace with a little humour thrown in..
the king looked at Kessel rather sternly, then smiled
King: Do not be worried Herr Kessel I await with delight for its publication it is my favourite of all the pamphlets. I have awarded you a small stipend to support your writing.
Heinrich: Thankyou your majesty
King: Is there any other small token you would like ?
Heinrich: If it may please you majesty could we have some lobsters ?
Later that even the Kessel's sat down to a nice lobster meal ....
Well now back to the Liebster award,
Thanks to the following for nominations for the Liebster Blog Award from:
- Mosstrooper, at http://tinsoldieringon.blogspot.co.uk/ for The Kingdom of Wittenberg and Tanks-a-Lot
- tradgardmastare at http://tradgardland.blogspot.co.uk/ for The Nothelm Chronicle
- "Copy and paste" the award on your blog, and talk about it a bit.
- Select for the award your five favourite blogs with less than 200 followers, leaving a comment on one of their post to notify them that they have won the award. You need also to list them in your own blog.
- Enjoy the moment, knowing that you have just made someone's day.
- Of course, there is no obligation to pass the award, but it is a good deed really."
The blogs I've nominated are:
- The Duchy of Stollen - http://grandduchyofstollen.blogspot.co.uk/
- Scheck´s Zinnsoldatenkriege, Wargaming the Seven Years War with 40mm miniatures - http://scheckssyw.blogspot.co.uk/
- Hinton Hunt Vintage Wargame Figures - http://hintonhunt.blogspot.co.uk/
- Campaigns of General William Augustus Pettygree - http://generalpettygree.blogspot.co.uk/
- The Independent Wargames Group - http://independentwargamesgroup.blogspot.co.uk/