Clerks in the Kings Office relax after a busy week.
I've lost my painting mojo recently; main reason having been made redundant and looking for new work. I got a job offer a couple of weeks ago and in the last few days have been spent sorting out all the paperwork and forms for my new job, which is scheduled to start in a couple of weeks time. So I'm feeling much better now and can get more time and mental focus to apply to my hobby.
I took today off as holliday from my current job to relax and unwind. Just to get me back into things I decided to have a go at converting some Perry napoleonic french dismounted dragoons, using a two figure sample sprue. The idea was to check the feasibility of the mods with a view to applying the same conversion tweeks to mounted Perry dragoons/cuirassiers in the future.
I cleaned up the torsos and and trial fitted the arms and swords. Next I selected a couple of spare metal tricorne heads from my spares box. Conversion sequence was:
- glue torso to base
- add longer waistcoat to front
- accentuate cuffs on arms
- fix arms and fill gaps
- fix swords
- extend rear of coat to give longer tail/turnbacks
- fix on head
Here is the first pass conversions on the two figures