Saturday, 31 May 2008

Wittenberg is Two Years Old !

It's the second anniversary of King Leopold IV coronation. Here he is spending some quality time with his family in the grounds of the summer palace ...

[backdrop is Stourhead Gardens]
------------oXo-------------

Well, it's been two years since I started my blog/diary. The diary ran for 9 months on my website, then I moved to blogland. It's been great fun, sharing ideas and info with others. It's also been great to see an explosion in the number of 'Imagi-Nations'.

I've nearly reached my initial target for the armies of Wittenberg and Monrovia, with a couple of line battalions left to do. I've also ventured in skirmish games using 40mm figs. My original plan was to use 40mm figs cast from Prince August moulds for my armies but I opted for 25/28mm to get the range and types of figures I wanted and also I could get more into my limited gaming space.

I'm looking forward to adding to my collection; next on the list will be the allies of Wittenberg and Monrovia; Huazzah Miniatures look nice and I will probably use these for the allies.

Happy gaming and Best wishes to all.

Allan

4 comments:

  1. Please extend to his Highness King Leopold my most enthusiastic contrafribblarites on this most momentous day!
    Keep it up...
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to Wittenburg!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allan,

    A most happy anniversary to you. I always enjoy your photos (nice background for this one, by the way).

    I wish that we all took the care in "presentation" that you do. (I know that I fall short).


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  4. As one who celebrated my Anniversary this week I wish you joy of yours!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete