Thursday, 16 August 2007

Weight of Fire Ruleset

In general they are a good ruleset, easy to play. I used the provided condensed playsheet (2 sided) and printed it on thick paper and then laminated it (finally found a use for that laminator I got for Xmas) - good quick reference.

One thing we have found is that unit morale was a little bit more volatile than expected - for example units going into the 'shaken' state. However I think this is right for the period; receiving fire from a musketry or artillery could have caused a unit to 'flinch' and not want to move forward - regroup for a while then try again.

So far we've had two playtests of the rules. With about 3 or 4 units per side we have managed about 10-12 moves in a 2 hour session.

There are a few minor 'house rule' amendments we may like to add; but we are still discussing these.

(Rules may be found at http://www.angelfire.com/wa/rogerswhome/rules/horseandmusket/SevenYearsWar/weightoffire.pdf)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Please continue to comment on what you like/dislike about the rules.

    It isn't that I play them (I write my own), but I like to know what sorts of things players like . . . and what doesn't seem right to them (since that helps me tweak my own).


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete